These days, more and more couples are choosing to include their beloved pets within their wedding day. Weddings are a time to be surrounded by loved ones, so it makes sense for a couple to also want their pet involved in their big day.
If you feel that your pet will be fine within the ceremony, great! Your pet could be a ring bearer or a flower girl, the possibilities are endless!
Your pets personality will ultimately decide whether or not to include them within the ceremony itself. For instance, if they are nervous around new people or very energetic, you may decide to leave them out of the day altogether. There are however, many other alternatives.
If your pet loves striking a pose, have them with you during your engagement shoot. This is great for pets that might feel overwhelmed at the wedding, to still be a part of your big day. You could also use these photos for your save the dates!
Themes and Decorations’
If having your pet at your wedding is out of the question, you can still add them to the theme!
You could have your pets designed as cake toppers, have a giant cut out of them at your reception, have pet themed cocktails, or even mention them in your vows.
Top Tips for having pets at weddings
- If you are having pets in your wedding, make sure that you let your guests know ahead of the day. Chances are that one of your guests will be allergic, so letting them know early will allow them to plan to bring any medication that they might need.
- If you are having your pet walk down the aisle, make sure that they have had a good walk before. This will minimalise the chances of your pet being over hyper or needing the toilet during the ceremony.
- Provide a place for your pet where they can get away from the party to relax, such as their bed.
- Make sure that your venue can occupy your pet preferences.
- Have a designated person to keep an eye on your pet throughout the day. This could be a pet sitter, or ideally a family member that your pet feels comfortable around.