A first look is when a couple getting married decide to see each other for the first time on their wedding day, before walking down the aisle. This moment is normally captured by a photographer and away from other guests.
Although I love the idea of having a first look, it is definitely not for everyone. So rather to try and persuade you either way, I will just list the pros and cons.
- You will be able to have alone time with your fiancé before you tie the knot. This is great as it helps nervous couples to relax before they walk down the aisle.
- As the majority of your photographs will be taken during your first look, chances are that you will be able to enjoy more of your cocktail hour with your guests.
- For weddings taking place later in the day, a first look will allow more daylight hours for natural light photographs.
- Bride’s hair and makeup will look fresher before the ceremony as opposed to after, especially with all of emotions on the day.
- Allows more time for your photographer to get creative and make your photos perfect.
- You will have more photos. It is normal for couples that do the first look to receive double the amount of photos than they would if they didn’t.
- You will not have as much time to get ready before the ceremony.
- Your guests may feel left out of your special moment.
- If you do choose to have a first look, you will not have your wedding band on during the photos.
- As its non-traditional, superstitious people consider it bad luck.
- You may not get as many getting ready shots with your wedding party.
No matter which option you decide to choose, as long as you are marrying the man or woman of your dreams, your day will be perfect.