Some brides have dreamed about the day that they will get married since they were little girls, while others have only started thinking about it since becoming engaged.
Nevertheless finding a dream wedding dress is often a top priority for women once they begin planning their wedding, but before you book yourself into the first appointment available at a bridal boutique read our tips on finding the wedding dress of your dreams.
- Don’t rule out certain shops and online stores without doing some research first. They may stock the dream dress you are after at a cheaper price, or they may not. You’ll never know until you try!
- Be adventurous and try on wildcard dress styles that you usually wouldn’t. We have all seen those episodes of Don’t Tell the Bride where the bride hates the dress that her future spouse picked and cries until she tries it on… then loves it. The same could happen to you so give it a chance.
- Don’t feel the need to stick to rules, if you would prefer to go wedding dress shopping alone that is fine, if you want a massive entourage or you would like just one or two of your nearest and dearest with you that is also fine.
- When you decide that it is time to start looking at wedding dresses, make sure that you allow yourself plenty of time for alterations and fittings.
- Try not to try on dresses that are out of your budget. Unless you are able to find the same dress cheaper anywhere else you will just upset yourself and go back to step one.
- On the day of your bridal appointment think accessories! Wear heels if you are wearing heels on your wedding day; wear your hair down if you are planning to have it down.
- If you are planning on buying your dress or accessories online, make sure that you check the returns policy and authenticity of the website first. By purchasing these online, as long as you still love your items when they arrive it could lead to great savings.
- Check out sample sales, you might find a hidden gem!